I had an op ed ("Soundoff") published in the November 2010 issue of The Mathematics Teacher, a special issue on technology. ( I suspect it is only available on line to members of the National Council of Teachers of Math.) The piece is a substantially expanded version of my blog posts about why I use the interactive white board. It is illustrated with actual white boards from various of my classes.
In addition to making the case for that technology, I use the article to argue --as I often do-- against the idea that math class should be 100% student discovery, or 100% teacher presentation. The latter, of course, is a particular concern in an article about a teacher-centric tool like the interactive board.
The article is on my Web site.
--Henri
PS: (2018) As technology has continued to advance, there are now many alternatives to the interactive whiteboard. Still, the underlying arguments in the article remain valid.
"There is no one way"
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment